‘If you wish to contribute to, or find out more about the History of Astronomy, then I would strongly encourage you to join the SHA’
Dr Allan Chapman SHA President
Picture Credit: Helen Fairweather
Welcome to the our Website. On the right you will find the aims of our Society.
This is achieved in a variety of ways:-
- A range of publications both printed and electronic which provide a broad range of topics, all to do with the History of Astronomy
- Go to the ‘Publications’ TAB at the top of this page to see more detail about each of these pubications
- Regular Meetings throughout the year where you can listen to a range of talks from expert speakers on a wide variety of topics related to the History of Astronomy
- Go to the ‘Meetings’ TAB at the top of this page for more information
- Access to, and conservation of, a world-class collection of books related to the History of Astronomy
- Undertaking a survey of astronomical history in the UK
- Further details can be found on the ‘Survey’ TAB at the top of the page
If what you see here interests you, then please consider joining the Society by following the ‘Membership’ Tab above and you will find full details on how to join.
Preliminary Information about the
SHA Spring Conference 2020 can be found here
Stuart Williams : Sept 26 1959 – Oct 15 2019
It is with great sadness that we have to report that Stuart Williams has passed away. Stuart was one of the prime movers in the founding of the SHA in 2002.
He was at various times Secretary, Research Librarian, Treasurer, General Secretary and Webmaster.
Our condolences go out to family and friends.
We have set up a guestbook which can be found by clicking on the TAB at the top of the page for you to write any messages about Stuart that you feel you wish to write.
The Autumn Conference 2019
Has taken place and a report can be found on the meetings page.