‘If you wish to contribute to, or find out more about the History of Astronomy, then I would strongly encourage you to join the SHA’
Dr Allan Chapman SHA President
Picture Credit: Helen Fairweather
Welcome to the our Website. On the right you will find the aims of our Society.
This is achieved in a variety of ways:-
- A range of publications both printed and electronic which provide a broad range of topics, all to do with the History of Astronomy
- Go to the ‘Publications’ TAB at the top of this page to see more detail about each of these pubications
- Regular Meetings throughout the year where you can listen to a range of talks from expert speakers on a wide variety of topics related to the History of Astronomy
- Go to the ‘Meetings’ TAB at the top of this page for more information
- Access to, and conservation of, a world-class collection of books related to the History of Astronomy
- Undertaking a survey of astronomical history in the UK
- Further details can be found on the ‘Survey’ TAB at the top of the page
If what you see here interests you, then please consider joining the Society by following the ‘Membership’ Tab above and you will find full details on how to join
The SHA Bulletin 33 Spring 2020
is being made freely available to all who wish to download it.
This is because of the unprecedented Global Coronacrisis we are all in.
The SHA Council hope you find it interesting and that it leads to you wanting to know more about Astronomy and its fascinating History
STATEMENT FROM OUR CHAIRMAN
Dear Members and friends of the SHA.
The Society will suspend all meetings and BMI Library openings until further notice. This is due to the current situation and the need for containment of the C-19 virus outbreak. We will keep members informed and council officers will be in contact with those members, in the next few days, who have paid for meetings attendance and associated refreshments already. Venues, Invited speakers and visitors are being contacted separately by members of council.
While we realise that the cancellation and postponement of events and meetings will cause some inconvenience and disappointment, the health and wellbeing of our society members, venue staff and visitors is our highest priority.
We hope to re-arrange some events/meetings later in the year.
I wish you good health at this time, and please follow the official advice:
Chairman The Society for the History of Astronomy.
14th March 2020.